Frequently Asked Questions
If you have further questions please email us! We'd love to hear from you!
How far in advance should I reach out to book your services?
- Please reach out to inquire about your project as soon as you can, wedding season can be busy.
- For reference, save the dates are typically sent out 6-8 months prior to a wedding & invitations are typically sent 2-3 months prior to a wedding.
- For fully custom-designed suites or letterpress printing, please reach out 2 months in advance of your sending dates to ensure timeliness.
- What about envelope calligraphy?
- Please allow 2 weeks per 100 calligraphed envelopes.
I am past that date! Can you rush orders?
- Yes, I can rush orders depending on the details of your project - please reach out right away so we can work together to make your invitations/calligraphy a reality!
How does the invitation design process work?
- You may need to book a spot on my calendar, wedding season can be busy. Reach out to me and we can touch base with one another! You can click the button on the left to fill out a short form that will help me understand who you are and how I can best serve you.
- From there we will touch base via Skype, Facetime, etc. (even a cup of coffee if you are in my area!) to discuss your event visions, needs, and dreams. If you create a Pinterest board with your vision, including any and all colors, materials, letters, paper...etc. that inspires you and you want included in your order that would be wonderful.
- I will then write up a contract & proposal including exactly what services you would like from me and send it your way. Once this is signed a 50% initial payment is due.
- At this point I will begin making some samples according to the design and aesthetic we have agreed on and send them your way. You will be able to give feedback on what you like, what you don't like, what your mom doesn't like, etc. and I will send you an updated example.
- Once you love what we have come up to represent you, full payment is required. I will send you a link for payment and your project will be sent to the printer!
- Once I receive the finished prints I will package them up, ship them to you with a tracking number, and they will be on their way.
Can you match an ink color so that it goes with my wedding theme?
- Yes! I love mixing custom inks and think this gives a wonderful personalized touch to events. If you send me a swatch I can match the color. I also work with metallic inks - bring on the rose gold, silver, and any shade of gold you can imagine! If you would like to connect me with your event coordinator I can work with them to create a wedding suite that incorporates your color pallet.
What kind of printing methods are available?
- Golden Hour Paper works closely with local printers who use the highest quality papers in the business. We have the capability to print digitally, by screen press, letterpress, or foil-stamped.
Can you do a custom illustration for me?
Yes! There is a $75.00 fee for custom illustrations. I have created hand-drawn monograms, maps of cities, event venues, and wreathes. Any of these can be used throughout your paper goods to give a cohesive look - and you could even order letterhead to use after your event!